Wednesday, August 13

Kimchee Jars?

Welcome to our blog! Caleb and I are making an attempt to keep this blog going for the enjoyment of friends and family. While blogging has been something we have enjoyed in the past, we rarely find time this last 19 months to keep up with any online postings due to the precious little imp running around in our household. We are excited to connect with you all, provide snapshots of our happenings, and most importantly, keep you posted with the growth of Annaka.

As many of you know, I am half Korean and therefore must eat ridiculous amounts of kimchee to be able to function. Unfortunately, I am quite terrible at making the stuff. I do, however, intend to keep trying much to Caleb’s chagrin (he and Annaka are the only ones to help me eat my science experiments). So, I rely heavily on my mother’s expertise in the art of kimchee making and have jars of it delivered whenever she makes a batch. You can imagine the number of jars that end up collecting in our basement “tainted” by the smell and no longer considered acceptable for anything other than kimchee. They are the “kimchee jars”, commissioned to contain only the stinkiest of foods. I thought glass was supposed to be non-porous, resistant to the penetration of odors. Perhaps kimchee has incredible glass-etching powers unknown to most civilized nations of the world.

So, stop by sometime for some delicious kimchee, which in my opinion can be eaten with anything (Caleb seems to disagree). Just don’t come by this week. I’m currently out of it. Gasp! Mom!

1 comment:

yAak said...

DEJA VUUUUUUUU ;)