Friday, August 15

Garden & Gun

Tonight I gathered our mail and began to rifle through it. As usual, most of the pile was junk so, in my fury of mail shredding I nearly destroyed something with some value. It was notification about my Delta Airline miles expiring this September, GASP! Unfortunately, I am quite familiar with this airline mile expiration thing and Caleb and I have, on a few occasions, dealt with this (Delta miles blow fyi). So, in lieu of lost miles we get to buy magazine subscriptions. It's really too bad how giddy I get at the thought of ordering anything for free, especially before I have had a chance to survey the loots. The selection is disappointing to say the least. However, one magazine piqued my interest, Garden & Gun: Southern American Living. It was all I could do to not write down the magazine code and begin receiving this marvelous magazine right away. Don't you just want to peruse the articles about your garden and how your Winchester M1887 shotgun can help your Virginia Blue Bells grow? Well, I came home and googled it to find out more. If you are interested here's a link.

http://gardenandgun.com/

One article was entitled, "The Plant Hunter." Take a moment to savor that heading. The imagination certainly colorizes that title quickly! Anyway, I realize the randomness of this post, however, it was too good to pass up. Enjoy!

No comments: