Tuesday, November 3

Cheerio magic!

My typical day starts with getting Annaka ready to goto the babysitters. Since this last Friday I have taken on a second charge. With Naomi on vacation I now lovingly care for Adelyn as well. I will typically run around the house trying to keep both girls happy with breakfast, while preparing for work, making a lunch, and ensuring an overstuffed backpack full of items tailored to care for small children for approximately eight hours is properly plump. If this is a non-typical day then today was a non-non-typical day.

Our normal babysitter was not able to take the girls today. So on the schedule is our back up (the oh-so-wonderful Ratnali). With arrival time to be around 8:15 I took the girls to the office for a little while before taking them to her house. We had a nice little time playing around with the office golf balls. Annaka was also slowly working on her breakfast of Cheerios and blueberries. When it was about that time... off we went. I was starting to feel like a pack mule. I was carrying Adelyn in her snowsuit, wrapped in a blanket, the bulging backpack, and Annaka's juice and Cheerios. Once reaching the car something had to give because I had no way to get the car unlocked. I handed the juice to Annaka and placed the Cheerios and blueberries up on the top of the Highlander. I stuck it right at the end of the SUV, right in front of its spoiler. I also made a mental note "Caleb... do not forget those are there!...sincerely Caleb".

Annaka is placed her seat and buckled. Adelyn is placed in her seat and buckled. Caleb is placed in his seat and buckled. Off we go!... Ok we are there reverse the previous events. Adelyn is taken out of her seat along with the backpack. Annaka is unbuckled and gets out of her seat... Wait, am I missing something? Oh yeah, I need to get the Cheerios... OF THE BACK OF THE CAR.... OMG! Amazingly enough they were there! Even though we drove through town and mostly up hill, that little plastic Tupperware full of cheerios and blueberries was still there. Ah well, what an eventful morning.

Now I am at work. Man this coffee is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it caleb. The adventures that you have every day. Soon they will be grown-up chubs in college, pounding footrittos and emptying Mommy Na and Daddy Ca's precious retirement account. Look what we did to my parents!!!