Monday, December 7

Toys, remotes, and the matching sock

I'm breaking all rules right now and posting a little late into the evening because I just don't feel ready for bed. Adelyn spent the weekend working on cutting a tooth and last night was pretty frustrating for Mom. I'm tired. She is now well fed and sleeping like a rock. I turned her over tonight to see if I could get her to nurse a little more (you know, top off the tank) but she was out cold. I even tried moving her lips like people will do with their dogs in an attempt to make their pet look like it is talking. I narrated as well. She didn't budge and I don't think I've had her sleep this hard in a while. So, I'm throwing caution into the wind and taking a moment to write a quick post. Plus, Annaka lost the remote to our TV so, here I am.

Life is pretty interesting with a nearly three year old in the house. There never seems to be a dull moment, as much as we try. Right next to where I'm sitting I have a portrait of Adelyn done by Annaka, a juice cup, a toothbrush, and two of Annaka's stuffed bears carefully wrapped in my exfoliating cloth and put to bed just under my computer desk. Yeah, she's an absolute handful but, a blessing in so many ways.

Ok, it's time to hit the hay. This momma is tired and blessed. A perfect combination to go to bed with. :)

1 comment:

ee said...

Heh yes. It would seem that tired+blessed=parenting