Monday, September 14

My daughter never ceases to amaze me. Annaka has taken to always wanting either Naomi or I to snuggle her in her bed while she goes to sleep. Every once in a while I will. Though I usually tell her "Only for a little while". She usually agrees and then snuggles up (one of my favorite parts). The humorous part is that in the process of snuggling she always takes her hand and latches onto the top of my shirt collar. Only then will she try to get comfortable and close her eyes. This can often mean quite a bit of tossing and turning for that perfect position... but she never lets go of my collar. She apparently has to know precisely when I will be trying to sneak out and go to bed myself. About the only way I have found to make it out of there when she is not quite asleep (without a lot of whimpering) is to kiss her little hand, remove it from my shirt and then give her forehead a kiss along with a "good night". For some reason that works well enough for her to finally accept the inevitable and drift off to sleep.


Leg Update: This last week I have started going to physical therapy to better the flexiblity in my ankle. My knee seems to have retained it flexibility and only has some minor swelling after any prolonged weight or movement. I can still feel the fibula click every once in a while but the Dr. said to not worry it will heal. This past weekend I was even able to mow the lawn fully, do all the trimming and other maintenance jobs. I even cut a small truck load of firewood on Sunday. The full heal with take some time I will no longer be a burden... definitely a plus.

No comments: