Sunday, March 15

It's March and it's Snowing Again

Ever since we received the first three feet of snow it has not warmed up enough to actually melt it. Last week, we thought spring may have been on it's way. Then it snowed last Monday and, yet again, yesterday. Normally, I'm a huge fan of snow. However, we are in mid March and there hasn't been much of a reprieve. Let's just pray for some sun.

Now, since I haven't posted in quite a while I'm going to subject you all to a most terrible post that seems to go on forever. Completely contrary to the very nature of blogging, I know.

New Orleans

In mid February, I had the very cool opportunity to visit New Orleans on a school conference. We were there learning how to get better parent engagement in your schools as well as exploring as much of the area as we could. I find New Orleans to be a very exciting place with much to see and do but tends to attract a very "interesting" group of people. During the evenings you really had to look to find entertainment that wasn't meant for the trashiest of people. As for the history of New Orleans there are many wonderful opportunities to explore. One museum, not limited to the scope of New Orleans, was the WWII museum. It was incredible and drew you into the story of WWII from the point of view of the soldiers who were there. I highly recommend visiting that museum at least once. Of course I must mention the artists. There are artists everywhere. Many of them are quite good and many were mediocre at best. But, if you're a gallery hound this is a good place to explore.


Seattle

The last weekend of February I attended the T Cubed International conference in Seattle. I wish I had something fun to say about this one but I literally never went anywhere other than the convention center and my hotel. It really doesn't help when you're 7.5 months pregnant and been on your feet all day. Let me say the conference was great! I feel like I have a much better idea of what I should be doing in my classroom with my calculators!

Annaka

She is growing up into quite a character. We have all kinds of conversations together. Lately, she has been fascinated with the new baby chickens we brought home. Caleb's idea is to raise some chickens for eggs. We'll see how well it will work out. For a pretty small investment we could end up not having to buy eggs for like, uh, ever, I guess.

We were pretty worried that the hardest person on the chickens would be our dog, Jindol. We even held one chicken down for him to sniff fully expecting him to attempt to eat it. Apparently, he doesn't feel that these little peepers need to be exterminated. We just have to make sure Annaka doesn't get into the chicks without us. She just gets too excited to handle them with a completely gentle touch. I'm sure it won't be long before one pecks at her hand and sends her running.



1 comment:

ee said...

Heh...the theme for the spring seems to be "feathers"?